CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Plan (For Now)

Hello All!

We talked to one of the doctors today to figure out what their plan and objectives are for Maia. Right now we are still in a wait and see mode with her ductus. It is still 2 mm wide. They think it should close in a couple of days. At that point they will watch her blood oxygen levels and see if they are sporatic and fluctuating or if they are more consistent at a certain level. We definitely want the more consistent levels. If the ductus does not close over the weekend, on Monday the doctors will discuss surgically closing the ductus. So in other words, be in prayer once again, our awesome prayer warriors. The ductus needs to close on its own. I really don't want to see Maia go through surgery. I know that the Lord will see us through if it does happen, but Lord you can "let this cup pass by me" if you see fit. I really don't mind.

Joel, my brother, has been here for about two days now and he has been such an awesome blessing to our family. Gideon has had the best time with his Uncle which has relieved me of some of that responsbility and I can focus on Maia and also my healing and rest. I am so happy that it worked out that he could come up to Philly. We will definitely miss his presence when he returns to Louisville. Hopefully we will be able to see him again at Christmas time.

My Dad and Mom are coming for a visit in a few days!!!! Mom appears to be feeling well enough to travel. They are leaving on Friday and staying at a friend's cabin at the halfway mark of the journey and then they will finish the last leg on Friday. I cannot wait to see my Mother! I am not sure how I will react when I see her. I have longed to be with her so badly this past month! I will give her a great big hug...as best I can at least! They will be staying for almost a week. Hopefully Miss Maia will be discharged during this time and we can enjoy each other's company at our place back in Lakewood. Keep praying!

Thank you for the prayers for my recovery. I have been feeling great and I haven't taken any pain medication in about 24 hours and I doing fine. Yay!

Kenny is back in Lakewood for work the past two days. Joel,Gideon, and I will travel to Lakewood for the weekend tomorrow, meet up with Kenny and then Kenny will come back for the weekend watch with Maia. Hopefully this routine won't have to last too long.

Gideon has been doing well, although he is totally off schedule and therefore his behavior and emotions are being affected. We are trying to get him back on his naps. Hopefully in a day or so he'll be more balanced. :)

We love you all! Thank you so much for your continued prayers. We are feeling them strongly through our peace and joy through this time and seeing how are daughter keeps responding physically day by day! We praise you, Lord! Glory to the Highest!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be still and know that He is God, He will be exalted among the nations. The Lord Almighty is with us, the God of Jacob is our fortress. Psalm 46:10

Anonymous said...

Trina- I will be praying for little Maia still! I will also be praying for your visit with your mother that God will be all around that! My mother also has had breast cancer (not the extent of your mother's) but I was unable to be with her for any of her treatments. Thankfully Our Lord healed her! I am so glad to know that she is able to visit. I know how it is to have just given birth and all you really want is your mother. There is just something about it! Take care and we will be rejoicing for you all and shouting up our prayers! God is so faithful and He WILL see you through this time. We love you!
Tracy and Willie

Anonymous said...

Trina, rest assured that in Elizabethtown, Ky., there is a host of prayer warriors who offer prayers for Maia who has been put in our Lord's hands for a long time. God is ever loving and so good ! I am also praying for your reunion with your dear Mother,, She is a very special lady.
In Christ, we love you,
Peggy & Merle